San Francisco Bay Area Survivorship Resources
Local Resources and Organizations
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation - pamf.org/cancercare
- Bay Area Cancer Connections http://bcconnections.org
- CancerCarepoint - San Jose - cancercarepoint.org
- Stanford Cancer Survivorship Program- https://stanfordhealthcare.org/for-patients-visitors/cancer-supportive-care-program.html
- El Camino Hospital https://www.elcaminohospital.org/services/cancer-care/speciality-programs/survivorship-program
- UCSF Cancer Survivorship Program - http://cancer.ucsf.edu/support/survivorship
- Bay Area Young Survivors - http://www.baysnet.org/index.php
LIVING STRONG LIVING WELL - HTTPS://LSLW.STANFORD.EDU/
Living Strong Living Well (LSLW) is a twelve-week small-group strength and fitness training program designed for adult cancer survivors who have recently become de-conditioned or chronically fatigued from their treatment and/or disease. Our goal is to help patients build muscle mass and muscle strength, increase flexibility and endurance; and improve functional ability and quality of life. This program is available at no cost to participants and is not a source of revenue to Stanford or the YMCA. Refer to their website for locations, schedules and registration.
BAY AREA CANCER CONNECTIONS - HTTP://BCCONNECTIONS.ORG/OUR-SERVICES/HEALTH-WELLNESS/
BCC offers a variety of classes to nurture individuals physical and emotional wellness. They currently offer classes throughout the week such as Pilates, Healthy Steps exercise class, Tai Chi and QiGong. Please check their website for current schedules
EXERCISE 4 ENERGY PROGRAM (E4E) - MOUNTAIN VIEW
Varied exercise and activities designed to support patients in chemotherapy treatment, radiation therapy or other cancer treatments. E4E offers a safe comfortable environment that integrates a unique set of effective practices including practitioner input and consultation, peer group support, cardio and resistance exercise and therapeutic and creative movement. These practices are energized by the sound of original live multi-instrumental music.
PINK RIBBON PROGRAM -HTTP://WWW.PJCC.ORG/HEALTH/FITNESS/PINK-RIBBON.HTML
Pink Ribbon Program is a post-operative workout program for breast cancer survivors located at the Peninsula Jewish Community Center in Foster City.
CANCERCAREPOINT - SAN JOSE - CANCERCAREPOINT.ORG
Cancer CAREpoint is dedicated to transforming support for cancer patients, families and caregivers in Silicon Valley through personalized, one-on-one Counseling, Assistance, Resources and Education. They offer several exercises classes throughout the week and have a schedule online.
- Cancer Care - cancercare.org
- Livestrong Foundation- livestrong.org
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer- lbbc.org
- Cancer.org - http://www.cancer.org/treatment/survivorshipduringandaftertreatment/index
- Cancer support community - cancersupportcommunity.org
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship - canceradvocacy.org
- Cancer.net - cancer.net
- MD Anderson Cancer Survivorship Resources - http://www.mdanderson.org
- Johns Hopkins Medical Survivorship Program - http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/avon_foundation_breast_center/treatments_services/survivor_care/reducing_recurrence.html
- Office of Cancer Survivorship - https://cancercontrol.cancer.gov/ocs/
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship - http://www.canceradvocacy.org/
- After Cancer Treatment by Julie K. Silver, M.D.
- Anti Cancer A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber, M.D.
- After Breast Cancer A common-Sense Guide to Life after Treatment by Hester Hill Schnipper, LICSW
- Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D.
- The Cancer Fighting Kitchen by Rebecca Katz